Well, the name of the designations “business Analyst” and “business process analyst” are quite similar, there are huge differences in their roles and responsibilities. Business analysts mainly work on the analysis part of the business processes whereas business process analysts work more on the operational part of business processes.
Business analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understanding the domain and its business processes
- Analyze the business processes and their inefficiency and find out the solution for the same.
- Understanding the business requirements and analyze and prepare the requirement gathering documents.
- Work as a bridge between the customers and the team members and stakeholders
- Working on every detail and analyzing the problems and figuring out the perfect solution by thinking in all aspects.
- Creates Use cases and user stories for better understanding for stakeholders and developers.
- Working on every phase of the software development life cycle and change management and preparing and updating the documents as and when required
- Using all the tools and techniques which are required to finish the task efficiently within a given time.
Business Process Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
While a business analyst works more in office, business process analysts work on the field that means they are actual parts of the business process like logistics and transportation, raw materials supply, dealers and distributors, etc. They are part of the business process.
- Understand the business process but they need not analyze
- Manages the problems among the employees and solves the issues if any.
- Identifying the operational issues and provide the solutions accordingly.
- Collecting the data and reviewing the same.
- Can recommend the solutions to improve operations.
Apart from the roles and responsibilities, there are other factors that make these two designations different in terms of their salary packages and soft skills, etc. The business analyst earns more compare to business process analysts.
Choosing a carrier among both choices is depends on the educational background and prior experience and of course the interests.