Businesses change every day and so are the technology trends. The demand in the market changes, new technologies emerge and competition among the businesses becomes higher. To meet with the demands and to meet the technology updates continuous business process improvement has to be done.
Those could be very formal or sometimes informal and affects many parts of the organization. The changes or improvements could be different but follow the same path. Today we will go through some techniques for updating business processes.
- Identify the needs: The first step to do is to identify the needs of a change. Conduct an audit and identify the issues or risks of using the same outdated process and technology. Identify the areas of improvement and find what areas in the organization are impacted by the new changes.
- Analyze the existing process: once you identify the needs, analyze the process and find out in which areas you need to update the things and once you get the complete picture of the process you can set the goals to continue with the process improvement.
- You also need to ask yourself about the risks, delays, effects, roadblocks, costs, quality, and process breakages.
- Getting commitment: The next step is to obtain get signoff from the senior management as they play a major role in any changes in any organization. Here a BA needs to clearly make the higher-level management understand about the necessity of the changes to be done and its benefits to the organization. This step is a must for their support in the later process. As change and process improvement consume time and resources their support is a must.
- Improvement Strategy: After the above phase, a BA needs to develop a strategy. One should focus on what steps are broken in the process and how to improve those them