A Business Analyst is typically a person who acts as a liaison between IT teams and the Business Teams.
There are many answers to why Business Analysis as a career. To mention a few of them,
1. A Business Analyst will handle multiple roles like designing technical solution, Functional roles like defining process flows, Stakeholder management, Understanding project scope, documentation, defining test cases, etc., and the roles also vary from company to company. With these multiple responsibilities, a BA is an ongoing role in the project scope with vast opportunities. New markets emerge every year with a good expanding growth rate. The career path of the Business Analyst is also very good where one can move to roles like IT business analyst, senior/lead business analyst or product manager, relationship manager, project manager, business analysis competency manager, business architect, etc. based on the experience and interest.
2. BA will directly interact with different levels of organizational hierarchy, from Clients, Management to the team players which gives the opportunity to work with people from many diversities, and expertise, which in hand helps the BA to improve in technical, communication, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills. Because of these interactions, a BA gets solutions to the issues directly from the stakeholders.
3. A BA involves in many phases of the project and its meetings which helps them to clearly understand the issues and the pain areas of the project and helps them in giving improved solutions taking accurate decisions by which both the Client and the company will be benefited. A BA will be aware of the scope of the project from minor to the major issues, so will become the point of contact to the client for resolving the issues.
4. Because of BA’s vast responsibilities, he/she will get opportunities to work on new roles and new projects regularly. So Will get more exposure to new technologies and will not feel working monotonous.
5. A BA will work under minimal supervision. Other than scheduling and coordinating the meeting have to work independently and flexibly most of the time.
6. Just to add, BA is a combination of research, communication, documentation, interaction, coordination and problem-solving role.
The above are the main reasons one can justify the question of why business analysis as a career.
To know more about our training program, click here.