I am a business analyst and this is the question many ask me and today I am going to answer this question for your better understanding.
A Business Analyst is typically a person who acts as a liaison between IT teams and the Business Teams.
There are many reasons where one can choose a Business Analyst profession. To mention a few of them,
- A Business Analyst will handle multiple roles, Technical roles like designing the technical solutions, Functional roles like defining process flows, Stakeholder management, Understanding project scope, documentation, defining test cases, etc., which vary from company to company. With these multiple responsibilities, a BA is an ongoing role in the project scope with vast opportunities. New market is created every year and expands with a good growth rate. The career path of the Business Analyst is also very good, where can move into roles like IT business analyst, senior/lead business analyst or product manager, relationship manager, project manager, business analysis competency manager, business architect, etc. based on the experience and interest.
- BA will directly interact with different levels of organizational hierarchy, from the Clients, Management to the team members which gives them the opportunity to work with people from many diversities, and expertise, which in hand helps them improve technical, communication, problem-solving, critical and logical thinking skills. Because of these interactions, one can get solutions to the issues directly from the respective persons.
- Will involve in many phases of the project and its meetings, helping them to clearly understand the issues and the pain areas of the project, which helps them in giving improved solutions and making accurate decisions, where both the Client and the company will be benefited. A BA will be aware of the scope of the project from minor to the major issues and problems, so will become the point of contact for resolving the issues.
- Because of BA’s vast responsibilities, they will get opportunities to work on new roles and new projects regularly. They will get more exposure and will not feel the work monotonous.
- BA will work under minimal supervision. Other than scheduling and coordinating the meeting have to work independently and flexibly most of the time.
- Just to add, BA is a combination of researching, communicating, documenting, interacting, coordinating and problem-solving role.