Why study Business Analysis
Business Analyst is a person who is “Capable to walk into any business area and be able to elicit the client’s business requirements, completely, accurately & consistently, regardless of amount of experience he has in that subject area, regardless of IT experience or education level”Why study Business Analysis
Here are few points on
- To understand the structure and the dynamics of the organization in which a system is to be deployed.
- To understand current problems in the target organization and identify improvement potentials
- To ensure that the customer, end users and developers have a common understanding of the target organization.
What are skills a Business Analyst should have
- Must have good analytic and creative skills
- Should have domain background knowledge or skills to logically extract the requirements from any domain.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Good listening and negotiation skills
What are the core responsibilities of a Business Analyst
- Acts as a central interpreter all through the life cycle
- Liaise with different departments and client
- Collect and specify requirements
- Review and trace the requirements through implementation
- Analyze and map processes (current state/future state)
- Produce high quality documentation
- Report status and isseus to the project manager
- Contribute to enterprise architecture development from a business needs point of view
Hope this article helped you understanding Why study Business Analysis.